Life after becoming a 1st Degree Blackbelt



                  Life after becoming a 1st Degree Black belt



             The audience I am trying to reach is the common person. Once again this is not for rich billionare's , Hollywood actors, or super wealthy church officials who have no idea about hard lessons in life themselves.




              I remember around fall of 1989 I began to have unexplained nose bleed's this was not serious this could be do to sinuses, getting hit in the nose, maybe loss of weight, lack of iron could have been a number of factors at any rate my body was sore and muscles were tired so I was compelled to take a layoff. My friend who opened up a Hap-kido studio closed it down around 1990 and I started a new Job and worked on 1st shift temporarily for a Multi International Corporation. This was a lesson in life because the next three years I learned about Corporate Office Politics and how this works.



               At the end of 1993, I began to feel that hunger inside of me again so one day I was driving home and found a local Korean Martial Arts School Cleveland, Ohio and found a former Black belt instructor who I trained with in Strongsville, Ohio at the time he was a 3rd or 4th degree in Hapkido so I asked him if I can train at his local studio so this began in 1994.  The one thing I also learned a three or four year layoff makes you rusty and I needed to work at it again. I had some bad injuries hematoma  the size of a gulf ball and cracked ribs which caused me to lay flat on my back for about two- three months only going to work on 3rd shift. I also had some severe ankle injuries severe swelling lasting about two-three months sometimes I had to come to work in crutches.  My friend closed his studio down around 1995. I kept going lifting weights and doing the bicycle machine when I could.


             I can remember also around this time I began to studio various weapons the staff, sai, and Chinese broad sword with a inlaw relative once or twice a week. The reason I did not studio the nun- chucks is because I started to learn this back in the early 80's so I had my own form and pattern in fact I learned how to do this blind-folded teaching self-awareness. The staff taught me focus because my relative wanted me to use the staff to poke at ping pong balls this helped with focus and concentration skills which helped me at work. I also took a course in Tai-Chi long form as well.



               I began to learn about pain management and started to soak my muscles at home (after training) in a warm tub this helped me sleep easier at night. You might ask did you have any social life the answer was very little kind of like the Rocky 1 story.



                I began to look for a new studio late 1995 and found one in Lakewood, Ohio so I began to train again. I also began reading about Eurasian based culture and Ghengis Khan and became interested in this type of culture. I learned about the five golden cities in Russia that the Kublai Khan controlled in and around Siberia.



           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training for 2nd Degree Black Belt

My Martial Arts and when I began

September 2017 Training