Life After 2nd degree Black Belt Test


                                    Life After 2nd Degree Black belt test


                                                          By


                                                 Barry L. Crouse


 have just received my 2nd Degree Blackbelt in October 1996 and found a IT Consultant Job on day shift. I basically had to give my body about two-three months do to the injuries and intense training rest so this puts me up to the beginning of 1997. While still training in Lakewood, Ohio, Our instructor brought in some world class fighters and I had the opportunity to spar with a few of them. I can remember the opportunity fighting a guy who made the Olympics or so he said Arabic and I can remember he would execute a lot of high flying kicks so I remember in one instance a flying spinning kick I stepped back and cocked my fist ready to unload on him left fist ready My opponents hands were completely down after the kick  I  stopped and he looked down on the ground and I shooked my head he knew as well as I that he would have faced a crushing defeat. After all the years of wanting to prove I had the stuff to make it to world champion caliber was done that night. I went home and felt like the demons in my life were gone I slept easy that night but at the same time I felt like God was speaking to me and said well you defeated a great fighter but will that be good enough in your life God knew the answer to that No. God spoke to me and told me in my sleep you will take a wife now and it will be in Russia. I was studying Eurasian culture at this time and had a few pen pals and I met my future wife she had spent seven years in Mongolia and along the Russian - Chinese border. I agreed to come to Russia to meet her and during my letter exchange she knew a lot about Eurasian Culture the five golden horde cities that Ghengis Khan conquered in Russia but the most amazing thing about my wife is that she was able to find every broken bone in my body she correctly identified were my ribs were broken, fingers, toes and even the severe swollen ankles possibly broken I had for a period of time. I knew this had to come from God so I asked her to marry me and I came back to Cleveland and filled out her immigration paper work. The process took six months and  I trained for my 3rd degree under Grandmaster Ray Szuch because at 35 years old time was ticking down for me as a athlete  so I tested and received my 3rd degree Black belt I trained for this biking 60 minutes level 5-6 , sparring and even had the opportunity to spar with a 300 pound Lai-tai fighter, weight lifting, dieting. 

                      The day came to come and pick up my future wife I drove all through the night through the rain in the mountains of Pennsylvania and made it to Newark, New Jersey. the next day I picked her up and we became married June 1, 1998 almost our 20th year now. I perfectly understood the idea when a career is coming to a end another begins so basically with my formal training in Computers and Experience along with Mathematics and the number of years in the Martial Arts this produced a very potent combination for copyright and Artist work which I still do today after 20 years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Training for 2nd Degree Black Belt

My Martial Arts and when I began

September 2017 Training